Friday, October 2, 2009

ten years after..

mr. paul

I really enjoy your lesson because you are able to make us do well in tests and I do not even know how that happens. Your stories are always awesome and your expressions are really entertaining. I like that you encourage us to speak of our minds and let us know that making a mistake is abosolutely okay. Jerry told me that you are really cool because he can speak to you like friends and can smoke together after class. I especially enjoy your puzzles most. It allows me to work on somethig fun while taking a break from doing homework. Even though your homework is hard, I can always get help from you personally or by going to the discussion board at your blog. I really appreciate your way of teaching and I am glad to have you as one of math teachers. Oh! I like your smile. When I saw you the first time I thought you were a really angry teacher, but everything changes onece you start smiling.

-I wish to introduce math to students in a subtle manner and welcome them to a free learning environment. I want my studetns, based on my personal experience, to be not afraid of making mistakes and so they can enjoy more learning math.


Mr. Chen

I am writng to you just to let you know that I wish that I can get something different from your lecture. I think your homework problems are too hard and it does not really help with my improving test scores. I think you spend too much time in class telling stories and even though I know it is not entirely irrelevent to your math teaching, I still wish that you can focus more on teaching us how to work on problems so I do not have to spend more time working on my homework when I get home. And, you know, as a teacher, you really are not supposed to smoke with your students. I think this is a bad influence to your students and It makes you look bad as a teacher.

- My only concern is that different students may react differently to my teaching. As teachers are sometimes role models to students, what I do may not always be adequate and appropriate to some students. I wish can learn more to improve myself over years and hopefully during the practicum, I get to know what is the students' envision of a math teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment